SHERMAN (AP) - A North Texas man described by his lawyers as “delusional” faces a mental examination amid allegations he tried to bomb a pipeline.
A federal judge in Sherman on Tuesday ordered the psychiatric evaluation of Anson Chi of Plano.
Documents filed by the defense describe Chi as having a “delusional mindset” that prevents him from understanding the legal proceedings. Prosecutors did not object to the psychiatric evaluation.
Chi has been charged with possession of an unregistered firearm or explosive device in a June 18 incident that left him burned. A bomb allegedly made by Chi exploded on a natural gas regulator in Plano. The device went off prematurely and caused little damage.
Chi, who remains in custody without bond, has another court hearing Jan. 7.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband