FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The Dallas County District Attorney’s Office will seek a new execution date for a death row inmate now that DNA test results are in.
The office’s Conviction Integrity Unit requested the test for Bobby Lee Hines, who was convicted of the 1991 capital murder of Michelle Wendy Haupt. According to the office, the test results confirm Hines is guilty of that crime.
According to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website, Hines stabbed Haupt repeatedly with an ice pick and strangled her with a cord inside her apartment. Hines was the maintenance man for the Dallas apartment complex she lived in and had keys to all the units. He also stole four packs of cigarettes, a bowl of pennies and a gold charm from Haupt’s apartment.
Earlier this year, Hines lost his appeal to the United States Supreme Court.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband