HIGHLAND PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – The Highland Park DPS and the Park Cities YMCA partnered to raise awareness for walkable communities and the need for safer routes at a Highland Park Elementary School on Thursday.
Students from Bradfield Elementary School were encouraged to take a walk Thursday morning. This is the eighth year the elementary school has had the Walk To School event.
Mother Iliana Tamacas said, “It’s really great to show the kids it’s safe and there is someone here for them as long as they follow the signs and watch for cars.”
The initiative is intended to raise awareness for creating and maintaing safer routes and walkable communities for parents and children.
Organizers say participation has grown each year.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband