ST. LOUIS (AP) -A Texas man has been sentenced to more than two years in prison and must repay nearly $500,000 for defrauding a St. Louis-area investor in a vending machine scam.
Randy O’Gorman of Frisco, Texas, pleaded guilty in May to two counts of wire fraud, and was sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court in St. Louis.
Federal prosecutors say O’Gorman convinced an investor to put up money for a vending machine business. The woman gave O’Gorman $497,000. He provided her with a list of 800 vending machines he said were part of the business. In fact, they did not exist and O’Gorman used the money for personal use.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field