MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) - An overturned 18-wheeler had blocked all eastbound lanes of Interstate-30 at Galloway Avenue in Mesquite. The crash happened at about 3:00 a.m. Friday morning.
The driver of the vehicle was not hurt. Officials have not yet determined what caused the crash.
The 18-wheeler was hauling non-hazardous engine blocks. That load needed to be removed before crews could upright the vehicle and begin to clear the scene. That process was completed at about 6:30 a.m. Friday morning and lanes started opening again about 30 minutes later.
Traffic along the highway was diverted to the service road while crews were working. Thankfully, most drivers at that hour were heading westbound, and those lanes remained open. So, delays heading into Friday morning’s rush hour were not too bad.
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field