Mississippi prepares to host No. 14 Texas
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - Two victories in two games have helped soothe some of Mississippi’s embarrassment after an abysmal 2011 season.
Now there’s an opportunity to really turn around the program.
Ole Miss (2-0) hosts No. 14 Texas (2-0) on Saturday at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in the first meeting between the programs since 1966. It’s a major opportunity to show the Rebels are on the right track under first-year coach Hugh Freeze.
It won’t be easy; Ole Miss is a heavy underdog. The Rebels had a 2-10 record last season and the roster is still short on talent.
Texas is trying to continue its own mini-revival after two subpar seasons. The Longhorns beat Wyoming in their opener and crushed New Mexico last weekend. Now they’re looking for a road win against a Southeastern Conference opponent.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field