Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (AP) - The Dallas Stars have signed goaltender Kari Lehtonen to a five-year contract extension worth $29.5 million.
The deal announced Friday secures the eight-year veteran through the 2017-18 season.
The 28-year-old Lehtonen is coming off career bests in save percentage (.922) and goals-against average (2.33). He tied his career high with four shutouts. He was 32-22-4 and became the first Stars goalie to win seven straight games to start a season.
The No. 2 pick in the 2002 draft by Atlanta, Lehtonen is entering his fourth season.
The NHL season could be on hold, with a lockout looming Saturday when the collective bargaining agreement expires.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field