FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Traffic on both westbound SH 114 and westbound SH 183 is being rerouted after a midday accident.
At about 12:30 p.m., a truck hauling rock hit and damaged an overhead sign bridge on westbound SH 183 before the SH 183/SH 114 split. The truck then hit an overpass and overturned on the highway. The truck had its dump trailer in the up position at the time of the crash.
TxDOT says crews are working to remove the damaged sign and debris from the road and hope to have the westbound lanes back open before 6 p.m. Drivers are warned to stay away from the area.
The truck also caused damage to a power pole, which will be replaced September 18 between 2 and 3 a.m. During that time, Highway 183 lanes will be closed for about 15 minutes, according to TxDOT.
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field