NEW YORK (AP) - AT&T says it set a sales record for the iPhone 5, with customers ordering more of them than any previous iPhone model on the first day of preorders and over the weekend.
The Dallas company said Monday that the iPhone 5 is still available for preorders online and will be available at its stores starting on Friday. It didn’t say how many were sold.
The iPhone 5 has a bigger screen — 4 inches (10.16 centimeters) measured diagonally — that creates room for another row of icons and lets widescreen movies fit better. The calendar will now show five days at a time instead of just three. Previous iPhone models carried 3.5-inch (8.89-centimeter) screens.
The iPhone 5 will also come with the capability to connect to the fastest new wireless data networks in the U.S. and overseas.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field