BURLESON (CBSDFW.COM) - Burleson City Council members unanimously passed the budget for fiscal year 2012-2013 at their meeting on Monday. The $71 million budget includes $27.2 million for the general fund and $18.7 million for the water and wastewater fund.
The new budget includes two changes for taxpayers, including higher water and trash pick-up rates. Water rates will increase three percent. Rates will be billed at $3.50 (per 1,000 gallons) for the first 10,000 gallons, $4.22 for the next 10,000 and $4.89 for anything over 20,000. Trash pick-up and curbside recycling rates will increase from $17.00 to $18.10 per month. Wastewater rates and tax rates will remain the same as fiscal year 2011-2012.
The general fund also includes a three percent raise for civilian employees and a minimum three percent pay increase for police officers and firefighters.
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field