Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
DALLAS (AP) – Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd faces more charges in the drug distribution case against him.
The indictment filed late Tuesday charges Hurd with attempting to possess cocaine and marijuana with intent to distribute. He also faces two counts of committing a felony offense while on release.
The charges are connected with allegations that Hurd tried to purchase drugs in June while on bond.
Hurd, who has played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears, was arrested in December after allegedly telling an undercover officer he wanted to buy large amounts of drugs and taking a kilogram of cocaine at a Chicago-area restaurant.
An agreement filed Tuesday says Hurd has pleaded guilty to one charge.
Hurd’s attorney, Jay Ethington, said Wednesday the agreement was a draft filed in error.
(©2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field