From College Sports
LUBBOCK (AP) – For years no one disputed Texas Tech could pass.
Even after Mike Leach’s departure in 2009 the Red Raiders have kept slinging it all over the Big 12. Problem was their defense was a dud.
Not this season. The Red Raiders have the second-best defense in the country, while the pass-happy offense continues to hum right along.
It’s a strong sign that defensive-minded coach Tommy Tuberville is in charge and the pass-happy pirate of the South Plains has moved on.
Tuberville knows Big 12 opponents will have more size and talent than Texas Tech’s three nonconference foes, but he’s glad to see improvement.
Texas Tech is off this week off and begins Big 12 play at Iowa State on Sept. 29.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field