SIERRA BLANCA (CBS NEWS) - Singer Fiona Apple was arrested at a border stop in Sierra Blanca on Wednesday, after police said that they found drugs on her tour bus. Hudspeth County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the “Criminal” singer’s West Texas arrest to CBS News, and said that no further information was available at this time.
TMZ first reported the news, noting that police stopped Apple’s bus for an inspection. Authorities claim to have found a small amount of marijuana as well as hash, a strong form of cannabis.
The 35-year-old musician is scheduled to play at the Austin City Limits Live at Moody Theater on Thursday night, followed by a show at Houston’s Bayou Music Center on Friday. She has been on tour behind her new album, “The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do,” released in June.
Sierra Blanca is the same West Texas area where both Willie Nelson and Snoop Lion (formerly Snoop Dogg) have been arrested for drugs.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave