DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Downtown Dallas is getting a little brighter and bolder, courtesy of British artist Lee Baker. Baker is painting a 100-foot long street art mural off Main Street in Downtown Dallas.
The mural, which is located across the street from The Joule Hotel, is part of the MTV RE:DEFINE exhibition and auction taking place the evening of September 22. The event will feature art works from some of the world’s leading contemporary artists.
Work on Baker’s mural began on September 10. Since then, he has transformed the side of the old Praetorian Building (known locally as Stone Place Tower), into a vivid collection of contemporary color palettes and deliberately skewed perspectives. It is Baker’s largest installation to date.
MTV RE:DEFINE aims to mix established and emerging artists of all kinds. Photography and color are the primary focus of this year’s event.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave