ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) - Texas Governor Rick Perry says he will announce whether he’s running for re-election next June.
The Governor answered my question as he left the U-S China Investment Summit at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.
Political analyst John Weekley says the timing of the Governor’s announcement shouldn’t come as a total surprise.
The upcoming legislative session beginning in January will end in late May.
Weekley says Governor Perry is waiting to announce his decision to run for re-election until after the legislative session so that he is not considered a lame duck.
Some analysts believe the Governor’s power has been weakened after his failed run for the White House and after he supported Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst’s failed bid for U.S. Senate.
Dewhurst has already announced he’s running for re-election.
Many expect Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott to run for Governor.
No word if Abbott and Perry have talked.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave