LOCKHART (AP) - With a Central Texas highway soon to adopt the nation’s fastest speed limit, business leaders in one town along the way have high hopes.
The new stretch of Texas Highway 130 runs several miles east of the increasingly crowded Interstate-35 corridor, connecting Austin to San Antonio. It will have an 85 mph speed limit — the fastest in the country — when it opens this fall.
Town leaders in Lockhart — about 30 miles south of Austin — said that they believe the expanded toll road will bring in new development and jobs. The Austin American-Statesman reported that Lockhart officials want their town to be known for more than just good barbeque.
But other areas along existing parts of Texas Highway 130 remain undeveloped years after the highway opened.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave