GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Garland issued an Amber Alert on Tuesday night for a 2-year-old girl believed to be in danger. The alert ended just before 11:30 p.m. when authorities located Maliyah Vergenza and reunited the girl with her parents.
Police said that the child was taken by her babysitter, identified as Patricia Garcia, at about 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, from the 4900 block of Palo Alto Drive. The Amber Alert was issued shortly before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night.
“They have been very distraught,” said neighbor Shatonya Rollison about the girl’s parents. “They love their children. They’re very good people. They’ve been a joy to even be neighbors with. I mean, no one deserves this, especially not my neighbors.”
Officials in Terrell found the 38-year-old babysitter and the child at a motel. Garcia is now behind bars and charged with kidnapping. Her bond has been set at $50,000.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave