AUSTIN (AP) - A camerawoman whose movie work includes “The Green Mile” and “Armageddon” has been named head of the Texas Film Commission.
Gov. Rick Perry on Monday appointed Heather Page of Austin. She replaces Evan Fitzmaurice, who previously announced plans to resign.
Page recently was a camera operator on the TV series “Friday Night Lights” and also “Prime Suspect.”
She’s a former workforce training administrator for the Texas Film Commission. Page serves as a board member of the Society of Camera Operators.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in cinema from Denison University, a master’s degree in cinema studies from New York University and a certificate in graduate cinematography studies from the American Film Institute.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave