EL PASO (AP) - A probate judge in West Texas has ordered DNA testing on a man who claims to be the brother of actor Sherman Hemsley.
Judge Patricia Chew on Monday delayed the El Paso trial on the estate of the star of “The Jeffersons” television show. Hemsley died July 24 of lung cancer. His body remains at an El Paso funeral home amid the dispute.
Hemsley’s will names his longtime manager Flora Enchinton of El Paso as sole beneficiary.
Richard Thornton of Philadelphia sought the DNA testing and must provide results by Oct. 15. The estate trial has been rescheduled for Oct. 31.
Hemsley was born in Philadelphia but lived in El Paso for the past 20 years.
Court documents indicate Hemsley’s estate is worth more than $50,000.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave