From College Sports
ARLINGTON (AP) – LSU will face TCU to open the 2013 season at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.
LSU will be making its second appearance in the Cowboys Classic. The Tigers opened last season in Arlington, Texas, by beating Oregon. TCU, from nearby Fort Worth, will be making its first appearance in the five-year-old marquee season kickoff game.
The game will be played Saturday, Aug. 31 and be televised by ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
The Horned Frogs from the Big 12 and the Tigers from the Southeastern Conference have played eight times, but not since 1968. LSU leads the series 5-2-1.
This season, Alabama and Michigan played the season opener at Cowboys Stadium. Alabama won 41-14.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave