ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) - The White House says President Barack Obama believes that a disputed end to the Green Bay Packers-Seattle Seahawks football game means it is time to resolve a labor dispute and get regular referees back to officiating NFL games.
Obama spokesman Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One that the president, an avid sports fan, watched the game and “thinks there was a real problem with that call.” Green Bay is in politically important Wisconsin, adding significance to Obama’s stance.
The Seahawks won 14-12 after referees ruled a Seattle receiver caught the ball amid a pile of bodies in the end zone in the game’s last play. The NFL conceded the bad call Tuesday, but upheld the Seattle victory.
Carney called the play “very distressing for every American football fan.”
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave