From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - Yu Darvish was feeling much better a day after having to skip his scheduled start for the Texas Rangers because of neck stiffness.
Manager Ron Washington said Wednesday that Darvish, who played catch in the outfield before their game against Oakland, might even return to the mound before his next scheduled start for the AL West leaders.
Darvish’s next turn in the rotation would be Sunday in the Rangers’ regular-season home finale against the Los Angeles Angels.
Washington said Darvish is on schedule for that start. But when questioned, the manager acknowledged that if Darvish might pitch sooner if he’s “100 percent before Sunday.”
The Rangers scratched Darvish about 21/2 hours before Tuesday night’s game against second-place Oakland, which the A’s won 3-2 in 10 innings.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave