Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz has donated $20,000 toward the purchase of a fire truck for his hometown in the Dominican Republic.
The Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation added $9,300 toward the donation of the truck for Las Matas de Santa Cruz, Cruz’s hometown in northwestern Dominican Republic.
American Medical Response, which provides emergency medical services in Arlington, is donating two ambulances to the town. The Arlington Fire Department and several businesses donated equipment. They and Cruz will pay to ship the vehicles to his hometown.
The vehicles were presented to Cruz in a ceremony before Tuesday night’s home game against the Oakland Athletics.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave