ARLINGTON (AP) - The Texas high school football championships are returning to Cowboys Stadium for the third year in a row.
The University Interscholastic League said Tuesday that the $1.3 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys will be the site of every 11-man title game, from Class 5A to 1A. The six-man Division I and II championship games are returning to Abilene.
Last year, Cowboys Stadium played host to all 11-man finals for the first time after hosting the finals in the three largest classifications in 2010.
This year, the 3A Division I game will be Friday, Dec. 14, followed by three games each on Dec. 20, 21 and 22. The 5A championships are the final two games.
The six-man games will be Dec. 15 at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave