MEDINAH, IL (AP) – The Europeans are making a run at the Ryder Cup and have an early 2-0 lead.
Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell have birdied three straight holes to go 1-up on Brandt Snedeker and Jim Furyk, while Lee Westwood and Francesco Molinari are 1-up after a bogey by Jason Dufner and Zach Johnson.
The Americans got a little boost from Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker. The American anchors fell behind after Stricker dunked his tee shot in the water on No. 2. But they got the point back on the next hole when Justin Rose missed a short putt for par.
The other foursome, Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley vs. Luke Donald and Sergio Garcia, is all square through five holes.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave