From College Sports
STILLWATER, OK (AP) – Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy does not plan to issue an update on injured starting quarterback Wes Lunt’s status heading into Saturday night’s game against No. 12 Texas.
Gundy had said repeatedly that he intended to include Lunt on an injury report that would be released Friday, a day before the Cowboys’ Big 12 opener.
However, the school issued an advisory Friday that it was discontinuing its practice of issuing injury reports the day before games because “those reports have led to unintended consequences.”
Gundy said immediately after Oklahoma State’s win against Louisiana-Lafayette two weeks ago that he would not comment on Lunt’s injury and was sticking by the injury report policy. He said earlier this week that Lunt was improving and he wouldn’t rule him out against the Longhorns.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave