From College Sports
DALLAS (AP) – The 15th-ranked TCU Horned Frogs have an FBS-best 11-game winning streak.
On Saturday, the Frogs (3-0) get to play the last team that beat them. They’re at SMU (1-2) for the 92nd meeting between the Dallas-Fort Worth rivals.
SMU won for only the second time in the last 12 meetings with a 40-33 overtime victory last season at TCU. The Frogs scored 23 points in the fourth quarter, but had their 22-game home winning streak snapped.
TCU coach Gary Patterson insists there’s no vendetta, and that SMU is just the next game on the schedule.
SMU has played twice this season against FBS teams from Texas, a 35-point loss at Baylor in the season opener before a 45-point loss at home to Texas A&M.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave