DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A portion of Abrams Road in east Dallas was shut down early Thursday morning after a single-vehicle car crash. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection with Velasco Avenue. According to police, a man was following an alleged drunk driving suspect when he became a crash victim himself.
Authorities said that the victim was tracking the alleged drunk driver down Abrams Road when that impaired driver suddenly came to a stop. In an effort to avoid hitting the other car, the victim swerved his vehicle to the right and ran it into a power pole. Nobody was injured during the incident, but the pole started leaning precariously into the street.
Oncor was called to the scene to repair the damaged power pole. According to the electric company’s website, just five customers were impacted by the incident.
The possible drunk driver simply drove away from the scene.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas