Reporting Brendan Higgins
Filed underBest Of, Blogs, Entertainment, Family, Family & Pets, Food, Food & Drink, Local, Mornings, News, Outdoors, Travel & Outdoors, Watch + Listen
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - There is a plethora of entertainment info available in North Texas, the Weekend Roundtable aims to filter it into something usable. I rounded up some interesting friends to give you some great ideas on how to spend your weekend. We talk at ya every Friday on CBS 11 News This Morning.
- James Faust is the Artistic Director for the Dallas Film Festival. He is an expert on the arts in Dallas and can also provide insight on what movies you should check out. Part of James’ real job is to fly around the country watching movies at festivals like Sundance and Toronto. Lame.
- Mark Stafford owns Revel United advertising agency. A London native, Mark brings a fresh perspective to what makes Dallas interesting and awesome. Mark is a dashing bon vivant who knows what’s going on around town.
- Brandt Wood is an expert on what makes Dallas tick. He and his brother owned and operated Dallas nightlife institutions like Trees, Gypsy Tea Room, The Green Room, Rhythm Room, Green Elephant, Umlaut and Jeroboam. Brandt also managed the band Jacko Pierce. After a break from the nightlife biz, Brandt is back with Mason Bar and its downstairs speakeasy HI/LO.
This week, we dispensed with the entertainment de-aggregating and went to the fair. We uncovered the cheapest beer stand and a guy who is really bad at guessing ages. We are now in possession of semi-plush toys. Visit the State Fair’s official website for event details.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas