GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Grapevine said that one man died when he lost control of his SUV, plowing it into a tree at a high rate of speed. The crash happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the 2300 block of Mustang Drive, just northwest of DFW International Airport.
The force of the crash caused the vehicle to split in two. The driver was trapped inside for a short period of time, and firefighters had to pry him free. However, he died at the scene.
The victim has been identified as a 33-year-old man, but his name will not be released until his family can be notified.
According to police, there is no indication that alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas