From College Sports
FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU coach Gary Patterson was planning to use backup quarterback Trevone Boykin as a tailback when the 15th-ranked Horned Frogs play Iowa State.
Boykin will be in the backfield Saturday, but instead as the starting quarterback with Casey Pachall suspended indefinitely. Pachall was arrested early Thursday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The Frogs (4-0) were looking at Boykin as a tailback option since they’ve already lost their leading rusher to a season-ending knee injury and current starter Matthew Tucker is dealing with an ankle injury.
TCU, which has won 12 games in a row, is playing its first Big 12 home game.
Boykin is 9-of-10 passing for 74 yards and a touchdown, and has run 12 times for 122 yards and a score.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas