From College Sports
LUBBOCK (AP) – Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones recalls well his last trip to Lubbock, the most recent of three straight Sooners losses at Texas Tech.
He and the 17th-ranked Sooners could face another tough game Saturday in West Texas. They face a Texas Tech offense that’s averaging 547 yards per game and a defense ranked as the nation’s best.
The Sooners (2-1, 0-1 Big 12) would like to avenge a 41-38 loss to Texas Tech (4-0, 1-0) last season that ended their 39-game win streak in Norman.
OU needs a win in Lubbock to stay in conference contention. The Sooners are coming off a bye week after losing 24-19 to then-No. 15 Kansas State. OU was ranked sixth. The Red Raiders beat Iowa State 24-13 last week.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas