ROWLETT (AP) - Services will be held Tuesday in the Dallas area for a 67-year-old Texas trooper who collapsed and died during a physical readiness test.
The Department of Public Safety says Sgt. Paul Hernandez died Thursday in San Antonio. The highway patrol officer was stationed in nearby Universal City.
No cause of death was immediately released for Hernandez, who’d been with DPS for nearly 36 years.
His funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at First Rowlett United Methodist Church. Burial will be at Lakeview Cemetery in Lavon.
DPS says donations in memory of Hernandez may be made to the American Heart Association.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas