FORT WORTH (CBS SPORTS) - Just a week after his former school landed two top 100 prospects, Trent Johnson made a statement of his own at TCU. Karviar Shepherd, a four-star center from Prime Prep (Texas), pledged to the Horned Frogs on Monday evening.
“I picked TCU because it was close to home and I really like the coaching staff,” Shepherd told ESPN. “They do a really good job of improving bigs like they did at Stanford with the Lopez twins.”
Shepherd, ranked No. 38 in the CBS Sports top 100, is a 6-foot-9 center with a smooth offensive game. He has great touch facing up from the free-throw line or the elbow, and he good post moves with his back to the basket. Defensively, he blocks shots and also rebounds very well.
He is the second commitment for Johnson in the 2013 class, joining guard Brandon Parrish.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas