DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - University Park Police are investigating another sexual assault reported by a Southern Methodist University student.
The latest incident, according to the female student who reported it, happened at an apartment complex in the 3400 block of Asbury Avenue, west of campus.
The alleged victim says her male attacker was an acquaintance and also an SMU student. She says the incident happened in the early morning hours of Friday October 5.
SMU has come under criticism recently for its handling of sexual assault claims. This month, University President Gerald Turner and Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins announced a SMU sexual misconduct policy task force. The task force aims to reconcile how cases are reviewed internally before being forwarded to criminal prosecutors.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out