WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon says a 28-year-old sailor from Dallas has died of illness while on deployment in support of NATO forces in Afghanistan.
A Defense Department statement Wednesday says Culinary Specialist 2nd Class Milton W. Brown of Dallas died Aug. 4 in a hospital in Rota, Spain.
A Navy spokesman says he had been airlifted from the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln for treatment.
Brown was assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 137 of Lemoore, Calif., deployed aboard the Nimitz-class carrier Lincoln.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out