GRAPEVINE (AP) - Spirit Airlines Inc. on Dec. 1 will open a flight attendant and pilot crew base at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport as it expands operations in Texas.
Spirit officials on Tuesday announced about 170 flight attendants and 80 pilots are expected to use the home base by next summer.
The low cost carrier also plans an open house in Dallas for potential flight attendants. Applications will be accepted Thursday through Saturday.
Spirit began DFW service in May 2011 and currently offers 17 nonstop flights. Spirit in the next several months will add nine cities to its nonstop DFW schedule including New Orleans, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and Los Cabos, Mexico.
The Florida-based carrier earlier this year opened a DFW maintenance base.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas