ROANOKE (CBSDFW.COM) - A pilot taking off from Northwest Regional Airport outside of Roanoke hit a small snag as he lifted his experimental biplane off the ground.
The pilot, who was flying a single seat ‘Toot’ plane, was 20 feet off the ground when his engine began to give out, losing power and landing beyond the airport’s south runway.
The plane went through a white fence and into a barbed wire fence, flipping the lightweight plane on its back.
The pilot, Phil Witt, was uninjured in the crash, save for a few scratches. His plane was damaged.
The FAA is investigating the crash.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out