Filed underPro Golf
BELEK, Turkey (AP) – Justin Rose beat Tiger Woods by one stroke Thursday to set up a World Golf Final against Ryder Cup teammate Lee Westwood.
Rose holed a sand wedge shot for an eagle at the par-4 14th, part of a round of 69 to beat Woods’ 1-under 70.
Westwood set a new course record with a 10-under 61 to beat South Africa’s Charl Schwartzel by six shots. Westwood had two eagles and eight birdies, including a 50-footer at the last hole on the Sultan Course at the Antalya Club.
The two Englishmen will meet Saturday, with a $1.5 million check for the winner and $1 million for the runner-up.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out