NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - The NCAA has declared receiver Jalen Saunders eligible to play for No. 13 Oklahoma this season, just in time for the Sooners’ rivalry game Saturday against No. 15 Texas.
Coach Bob Stoops announced Wednesday that Saunders’ eligibility appeal had been approved by the NCAA. He transferred from Fresno State during the offseason and initially was ruled ineligible this season under NCAA transfer guidelines.
Saunders caught 50 passes for 1,065 yards last season and led the Western Athletic Conference with 12 touchdown catches.
Stoops says he’s hopeful Saunders will be ready to play Saturday against the Longhorns.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out