LUBBOCK (AP) - A Texas Tech football fan has been arrested for running onto the field and removing his clothes during the fourth quarter of Saturday’s stunning win over No. 5 West Virginia.
Lubbock police say 20-year-old Brent Smith faces criminal trespassing charges. Police say they don’t believe alcohol was a factor.
Witnesses say he ran onto the field shirtless during the fourth quarter, whipped off his belt and then his boots. The crowd kept cheering as Smith removed his jeans and ran a few more feet before being tackled by several law enforcement officials. He was wearing long shorts.
After referees realized that an unauthorized person was on the field, Texas Tech’s play didn’t count.
Tech went on to defeat West Virginia 49-14.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out