HOUSTON (AP) - Olympic BMX cyclist Kyle Bennett has been killed in an automobile accident in eastern Texas. He was 33.
A statement from USA Cycling says the single-vehicle crash happened early Sunday in Conroe, Texas, north of Houston.
Bennett was a three-time BMX world champion and won an automatic spot on the first U.S. BMX Olympic team in 2008.
In the statement, USA Cycling CEO Steve Johnson said Bennett was a pioneer in Olympic BMX cycling and an inspiration to those who knew him.
Bennett is survived by his fiancé and a young daughter.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out