Recipe: Cabot Cheeseburger Bites
By Jill Spears of Frisco, 1st Place, 2012 State Fair of Texas October 15, 2012 4:40 PM
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 8 slices bread
- 24 (1/2-inch) cubes Cabot 75 percent Less Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese (approximately 4 ounces)
- Optional garnishes: Dill pickle slices, ketchup, mustard, green onions
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, onion and seasoning. Crumble ground turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape mixture by teaspoonfuls into 24 balls. Set aside.
- Remove crusts from bread. Roll flat and cut into 1/2-inch rounds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven broiler. Make a depression in each turkey ball and fill each depression with a cube of Cabot extra light sharp cheddar cheese. Place turkey balls, cheese-side-down, onto the bread rounds. Press the turkey ball to the bread, making sure bread is covered with the turkey ball. Seal the edges. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in a preheated oven about 6 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add optional garnishes and serve.
24 Cheeseburger Bites