From College Sports
BIRMINGHAM, AL (AP) - Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley are the Southeastern Conference offensive and defensive players of the week.
Manziel broke his own SEC record with 576 total yards in a 59-57 win over Louisiana Tech. He rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns and passed for 395 yards and three scores. It’s the third-highest total for an FBS freshman.
Mosley had 12 tackles, a sack and a fumble recovery in Alabama’s win at Missouri.
Arkansas kicker Zach Hocker, Mississippi kicker Bryson Rose and Tennessee return man Cordarrelle Patterson shared special teams honors released Monday.
Florida’s Jon Halapio and Mississippi State’s Tobias Smith shared offensive lineman honors. LSU’s Sam Montgomery is defensive lineman of the week. Manziel and LSU running back Jeremy Hill are co-freshmen of the week.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out