DENVER (AP) - A law firm that helped reach an $816 million settlement for first-responders to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks has filed a lawsuit on behalf of several victims of the Aurora theater shooting.
The lawsuit was filed in Arapahoe County District Court. It alleges that Plano, Texas-based Cinemark and Town Center at Aurora failed to protect customers. The Denver Post reports attorney Marc Bern said Tuesday the suit seeks “a substantial amount of money.”
Several other lawsuits filed against Cinemark in federal court also cite a lapse in security.
Cinemark has said it couldn’t have foreseen the attack. A Town Center at Aurora representative didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment Tuesday.
Twenty-four-year-old James Holmes is charged in the July 20 shooting that killed 12 and wounded 58.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out