NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) - One quote at last week’s Turkish golf event stood out above all others. Rory McIlroy, freshly defeated by Tiger Woods, said after his match, “I’m not that disappointed because I’ve got the afternoon off around the pool.”
It was a tired response from a guy who later made it clear that this year has taken its toll on him, and he plans to lessen his golf tournament load in 2013.
McIlroy still has some events to play this season, but admitted to ESPN UK on Monday that he’s ready for the year to be over. Rory, who won four times on the PGA Tour in 2012 including his second major championship, said he’s ready to step back on his golfing schedule and play fewer events next season in hopes that his energy level will be higher as the 2013 season winds down.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out