FORT WORTH (AP) - Police say a North Texas pilot has been charged with bigamy after remarrying on the same day he filed for divorce from his first wife.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the second wife of Germain Gardea in May called the first woman over suspicious bills. Investigators believe Gardea, who’s a private pilot and travels, paid the bills for both women.
Fort Worth police on Oct. 11 arrested Gardea, who’s free on $2,000 bond. He didn’t immediately return messages Thursday.
Records show Gardea wed his first wife in 2004, they have a child and lived in Arlington. Police say the first woman didn’t know of the second wife in Grand Prairie, who thought Gardea was divorced. They married on Oct. 16, 2009.
His first wife has since filed for divorce.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out