From Dallas Stars
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
NEW YORK (AP) – The NHL has canceled more games while holding out hope it can squeeze in a full regular-season schedule.
A day after the league turned down three counterproposals from players, the NHL wiped out the third week of the season on Friday.
A total of 135 games through Nov. 1 have been canceled, which amounts to 11 percent of the season.
In its third lockout since 1994, the NHL is sticking to its most recent proposal that stated a full 82-game-per-team schedule could be played if the season begins by Nov. 2. The league says a deal must be reached with the union by Thursday for that to happen.
Two weeks ago, the league called off 82 games from Oct. 11- 24, and another 53 were canceled Friday.
No new talks have been scheduled.
(©2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out