Reporting Brendan Higgins
Filed underArt, Arts & Culture, Blogs, Entertainment, Family, Family & Pets, Local, Mornings, News, Nightlife, Nightlife & Music, Outdoors, Travel & Outdoors, Watch + Listen
This week we recommend:
- The last day of the State Fair of Texas, legendary rock-country-tejano fusion band the Texas Tornadoes take the Main Stage on Sunday.
- Your last weekend to see “The Addams Family” at Fair Park Music Hall. Well-reviewed family musical about kooky, iconic TV family leaves town on Sunday.
- “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” — very cool exhibit, 100 years after.
- Madonna at the American Airlines Center. Maddy kickin’ it hard in Dallas.
- Late Nights at the DMA: Paint with the family, watch “Moulin Rouge,” take a tour, go on a texting scavenger hunt… mucho fun.
- Fandays at the Irving Convention Center: Dallas Comic Con brings a weekend fan experience to Stan Lee followers, and the chance to meet nerd idols ‘o plenty, Friday through Sunday.
- Dallas Film Society director James Faust first saw “The Sessions” at the Sundance Film Festival. He saw it again at another festival and, when it comes to Dallas this weekend, he is going to see it again. It’s that good. He’s already predicting John Hawkes will win the Oscar for Best Actor.
Also Check Out: