DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A suspected burlgar was shot and another suspect is still on the run after an attempted break-in at a Dallas business. The incident happened just after 11:00 p.m. Monday night at Gabby Halls Auto Parts, located in the 8300 block of C.F. Hawn Freeway.
The two suspects were in the process of breaking into the building when one of the owners stopped by to check on the business. That owner took out a shotgun and confronted the suspects, leading one of them to throw something at the armed owner. The owner then fired his weapon. One suspect was struck and later taken to a nearby hospital. He is expected to be okay.
The other suspect fled from the scene and has not yet been located.
The owners of Gabby Halls Auto Parts confirmed that their business has been broken into numerous times, which is why they frequently stop by at night to check on things. The building’s front windows have been borarded up until they can be replaced.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out